Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tommy's Big Boy Bed

I really feel like we out smarted a 2 year old here and boy does it feel good!  Tommy has spent maybe a max of 30 nights in his crib since he was born.  He has always slept with one or both mommies since he came home from the hospital.  And in all honesty it never bothered us because he would fall asleep instantly and sleep like a rock all night.  But lately he would toss and turn, sleep upside down, sleep on mommy Susie’s head, etc.  So we made the brave decision to convert his crib into a full size bed.  So for his birthday he got new “bulldozer” bedding.  He has slept in there every night since we converted it, I would guess about 2 weeks now.  Susie still lays with him for about 10 minutes as he falls asleep but the beauty of laying with him in his bed is we can get up and leave.  He looks so little in his big boy bed but has been sleeping great!  He wakes up all smiles.  Maybe it’s not perfect parenting but Susie and I really feel like we won on this one! 

First morning waking up in his new bed

Watching bobcats work from his window.  (They are building a house across the street from us)

Maggie was pretty proud of her brother

Nap time in his bed

This is how I found him the other morning

Bulldozer PJ's in his bulldozer sheets.  Makes for sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment