Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Strawberries

We have two (3 if you count Susie) Strawberry Monsters in our house.  Strawberries or strawbees as Tommy calls them have been his favorite food since he started solids basically.  His diet consists of strawberries and whole milk.  That is literally all that he eats most days.  He is the pickiest eater ever…not sure where he gets that—I have such a well-rounded palate or not. :)  Anyhow, he asks for strawberries with every meal and once Maggie hears him asking for them pretty soon she wants them too.  These two can eat the entire container in one sitting…and then usually ask for more.  No big deal in the summer, but now we are approaching the time of year when they will be $7/container.  I was out plowing the driveway Sunday.  Maggie and Tommy were out helping me but got cold and headed inside.  Susie and Teddy were at the store.  When I finished and headed inside this is what I found:


Apparently they wanted a snack.  Maggie isn't allowed to use a knife so she taught Tommy how to eat them and leave the tops (We usually cut them up for him still). 

When I saw the pile on the floor and their strawberry-stained faces, Maggie quickly told me how proud I should be of her and Tommy because they ate them all the way up to the tops and didn't waste any.  Then they asked if we had anymore….



No comments:

Post a Comment