Thursday, December 11, 2014

Comedians

Susie helps get the kids up and dressed with me but then she heads off to work and leaves me and the 3 little turkeys alone to finish our morning routine.  We have it down pretty good.  We turn on Paw Patrol—this is must.  I pump and nurse Teddy simultaneously.   Maggie does her nebulizer treatment. Tommy cuddles on my legs and watches TV :).  I try really hard to stay relaxed in the A.M.  I try not to stress over 5,  10 or 15 minutes.  And I try really hard to make sure everyone has a good morning, no yelling or crying before we head out to start our days.  The other morning though Maggie and Tommy were in cahoots, they wanted to play and they wanted to do everything together—at toddler pace.  I had asked Maggie to run back upstairs and get her glasses, well since Tommy was attached to her hip he had to go with.  It takes him like 5 minutes to go up the stairs.  I was not amused.  Of course once they got up to her room I could hear them starting to play with the dollhouse (I was downstairs putting Teddy in his car seat and making my coffee).  I started nagging them, like hurry up, we need to get shoes on, hats, coats, etc.  Turn off the lights etc..  Just nagging them, not yelling but I was being persistent since they were off in la-la land that morning.  I see them start to come downstairs and all the lights are still on upstairs so I tell them they need to go turn off the lights and get their little butts to the mudroom, we were really starting to push the time at this point.


I turn to walk to the kitchen, Maggie and Tommy are coming down the stairs.  I hear Maggie say to Tommy, (in a defeated voice) “Come on Tom,  let’s just start listening to mom.  This isn't working.” 

This is our morning

No comments:

Post a Comment