Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Getting Ready to be a Big Sister

With my brother's due date a few short weeks away, I've been working really hard at some "big sisiter stuff" to get ready for him.  The first step was to finish getting his room ready.  Mommies did most of the work, but I have helped in a couple of ways.  First, I helped paint some of the letters that Mommies hung above his crib.  They let me paint one of the letters, then gave me a piece of paper to work on since my painting was getting a little wild.  :)  They also catch me in his room occasionally with a Clorox wipe wiping down his furniture getting it all cleaned up for him.  Mommy Susie's not sure where I got my knack for cleaning.  :) 

Painting his "T".


Working on a separate art project while Mommy Tina finished his letters.


Stopping mid-masterpiece to look up at the camera.


I've also started to practice some of my "big sister" duties on Joey and many of my dolls.  I carry my dolls around and call several of them by my brother's name, and I bounce them and "shush" them when I think they're sad and need to be comforted.  Last weekend, Mommies found me on their bed with Joey doing some more big sister practice.  I had him covered up in a blanket and was reading to him and rubbing his back.  


 Putting Joey down for his nap.


Reading to Joey while rubbing his back.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment