I don’t have many photos, parents aren’t allowed in the gym
with the kids so all photos that were taken through the windows and didn’t turn out very good. I will try harder next week!
Thursday, August 1, 2013
Dreams Do Come True
Maggie might have had the best night of her young life yesterday
day evening. In her words “It was SO
MUCH FUN”! After nearly a year of
talking about it gymnastics finally started.
Anyone who has talked to Maggie recently knows she calls them “nastics”.
Her world has been filled with thoughts of “nastics”. It is all she talks about, she pretends to do
‘nastics” on furniture, playgrounds and trampolines, her favorite movie in
the van is the “Dora Gymnastics” one.
Last weekend we went and got her a leotard for it and the excitement started
to build. I was really worried she would
be disappointed with the class by the time Wednesday arrived because she had
such high expectations. I can’t even
explain what an obsession “nastics” has become in our house and I am not sure
she even fully understood what real gymnastics are. Susie and I both went to watch. We got there about 10 minutes early and she
was the cutest, happiest, little girl just sitting there patiently waiting for
her teacher. I thought she literally
might burst. I don’t think she could
even believe she was finally there.
As a parent I will say it was the best thing we have ever
spent money on thus far for her (excluding her college fund). There were only 4 kids in the class and for
40 minutes those kids jumped, tumbled, balanced, swung, stretched, ran, climbed
etc. They all had huge smiles. At times they literally looked like “kids in
a candy store” running from trampolines, to monkey bars, to the vault, to the
foam pit, etc. I caught Susie and I smiling
quite a few times too—I mean to watch Maggie enjoy something so much was pure
joy for us too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment