Wednesday, July 31, 2013

No School for Twenty-Four

On Monday Tommy threw up at school so I had to go pick him up early.  At Trinity they aren’t allowed back for 24 hours after ralphing.  Susie had a training so I had to stay home with him Tuesday morning.  By Monday night Tommy was feeling better so on Tuesday I let Maggie stay home too.  It is rare that I ever have a weekday off with them alone so we decided to do something fun.  At first I was thinking swimming at Kelly’s but it was cool and raining, so I was thinking Giggle Factory—but before we headed there I wanted to run into H&M Kids at Maplewood Mall.  Well we never made it past there.  Somehow we were at the mall from 10:15-2:00.  There is a great play area, some little rides and the big carrousel too.  I didn’t know most of that stuff was there.  We had lunch at the food court, Maggie really enjoyed that part too.  I can’t remember the last time we ever ate at a food court so it was a new experience for her.  Maggie told me she was having a “great day” several times.  Both kids were exceptionally well-behaved and sweet, it was the best sick day we have ever had.  :)
Ready to hit the mall

Tommy loved going on rides with his big sister

 
Maggie might have been a little bored in the play area but it was perfect for Tommy

His first tunnel experience--at first he was timid but Maggie dragged him through--literally and by the end he was doing them on his own.  As soon as we got home he was crawling through his highchair and under the dining room table showing off...



Once he wasn't afraid of them anymore, he liked to sit in the middle of the tunnels and hide on Maggie and Mommy.  I panicked a few times when I couldn't find him for a couple seconds.  He thought he was pretty funny.

Maggie loves the big carrousel at the mall


I bought two tickets thinking Maggie could do it twice by herself while I feed Tommy, little did I know that meant Tommy and I had to go twice too since Maggie wasn't tall enough to do it solo.  Tommy loved it.

Maggie driving the bus
Tommy and I riding in the back of the bus--looks like Tommy is terrified of sister's driving skills


She wanted me to put Tommy on the back with her, I thought better of it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment