The first night of his diagnosis, Maggie had her Halloween party for dance. There are so many little kids there, there was no way I could bring him with. Luckily, all of the Mansell's have either already had the chicken pox or have been vaccinated, so they agreed to watch him. Here Grace and Lucy are trying to turn Tommy into a male cheerleader.
Friday, November 8, 2013
Tom’s Spots
Susie and I got a call at work on the 30th saying
we need to come pick Tommy up—that they suspected he might have chicken
pox. I didn’t really believe he could really
have the pox...but I had to take him to the doctor before he would be allowed
to return to school. Dr. Montague could not
believe it. Tommy really DID have
chicken pox! A few doctors all came in
for a look because they are so rare these days—ever since the vaccine was
introduced they hardly ever see any kids in the clinic with chicken pox. I had to rearrange my work schedule for a few
days and spend some quality time with Tommy until all the spots had scabbed
over and were no longer contagious. So
far two of Tommy’s friends have come down with the chicken pox too. He was the first one in the school diagnosed
with them, we have no idea where he would have got them. Oh and yes, we do vaccinate ours kids, but
the chicken pox vaccine isn’t given until 15 months and Tommy is only 13
months.
He was moodier than usual but didn’t really try to scratch them. There were a few body flinging meltdowns--where I thought maybe he was attempting to scratch them on the carpet but who knows--he does this when he doesn't have the pox too... :) I think it helped that they were mainly
limited to his torso and upper arms—with the exception of two on his face.

The first night of his diagnosis, Maggie had her Halloween party for dance. There are so many little kids there, there was no way I could bring him with. Luckily, all of the Mansell's have either already had the chicken pox or have been vaccinated, so they agreed to watch him. Here Grace and Lucy are trying to turn Tommy into a male cheerleader.
The first night of his diagnosis, Maggie had her Halloween party for dance. There are so many little kids there, there was no way I could bring him with. Luckily, all of the Mansell's have either already had the chicken pox or have been vaccinated, so they agreed to watch him. Here Grace and Lucy are trying to turn Tommy into a male cheerleader.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment