Monday, April 2, 2012

Baby Ducks for Easter!

This past weekend, I got an early Easter present - baby ducks!  We picked them up yesterday, and they're SO adorable!  We got 3 Magpies and 4 runners, and they're all 3 days old.  Unfortunately, one of our runners didn't make it last night, so now we have 3 of each.  Their names are Dora, Diego, Boots, Donald, Long John and Hot Dog.  I love to look at them and play with the saw dust in their box.  I'm still working on holding them.  Mommies are trying to teach me how to hold them "gently".  I can hold them, but I miss the "gentle" part sometimes.  :)

Our little buddies in their new home.  (temporary home - they'll outgrow this one pretty quickly!)


Donald wandering around.


Another picture of Donald.  Mommy has a soft spot for him.


Mommy showing me Long John, Boots and Stripes.


Petting my new friends.


Long John, Boots and Stripes hanging out.  (Stripes is the one that didn't make it last night - he has the black head)


Holding Donald.  He doesn't look too thrilled.  :)



2 comments: