Friday, September 19, 2014

TD

Just in case you turn into a beast someday, I want you to know how wonderful and sweet you have been the first 10 weeks of your life.  I have enjoyed nearly every minute of you.  You are mellow and adorable.  I could just eat you some days, you are that cute.  You eat and sleep well.  You are like a little raccoon looking for food in the middle of the night.  It makes me laugh every time.  Last night, you were sleeping next to me (like you do every night) and you woke me up by kicking your little legs against me--nudging me until I finally gave in and woke.  It made me laugh when I came to and saw what you were doing.  I am sure it was like trying to wake a sleeping bear.  But when I gave in and got up and carried you to your room to change your diaper at 2:15 AM you were smiling ear to ear and whispering sweet coos.  I cannot not for one second be irritated, tired or crabby when you need something in the middle of the night because you are so STINKING HAPPY and CUTE!  I don’t think I have ever changed your diaper in the middle of the night and not got the sweetest smile in return. 

Or this morning, I was trying to multitask:  breastfeeding you while drinking coffee and trying to email my family.  So I started talking to Siri versus typing since I didn't have a free hand.  I was rambling on and on.  Talking really slow and loud so Siri could understand and I glance down at you while you are eating and you are smiling and laughing at me.  You must think your mom is really special.  Every time I would start to verbalize another sentence I would catch you looking at me and grinning ear-to-ear.  It made me melt.  I feel so lucky to share such wonderful interactions with you.  You are such a blessing and surprise me all the time.

Maybe it is because I appreciate it more now that I know what it is like to have to go back to work after having a baby or maybe it’s because you are just easier than Tommy was, but I have appreciated every second of maternity leave with you.  So in case you start getting ear infections or suddenly wake up with colic one day and turn into a beast—I want you to know that your first 10 weeks of life have been heavenly.  The entire family adores you.  You fit in perfectly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment