Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm a 4 Month Old!

 I turned 4 months old on Sunday - can you believe it?!  It was a beautiful day outside, so Mama planted some trees and Mommy and I hung out and tried to spend some time outside with Mama and Joey. Besides the fact that I turned 4 months old this weekend - Ialso had another big milestone - I can now sleep in my pack 'n play!  No more swing!  (in fact, Mommy banished the swing to the basement)  They started training me on Friday, and Friday night was rough, but it's been smooth sailing since then.  Their plan is to give me another week or two in the pack 'n play then have me start taking some naps in my crib and eventually fully transition me to my crib.  I haven't decided if I'm going to cooperate.  :)  Below are some fun facts about the things I do now that I'm 4 months old...

  • I talk … a LOT! Well, not really talking, but lots of babbling and screaming.
  • I sleep 10-12 hours straight each night, and I’m starting to take longer naps. I take two or three naps a day.
  • I LOVE my toys. I love Sophie ( my giraffe), Jester (a toy from Grandma McNamara), and Elle. (a toy elephant from Aunt Gigi) So far, those are my favorites, but I have new ones everyday! 
  • I smile very easily now. Mommies basically just have to smile or say hi and I flash them my big, gummy grin.  
  • I still enjoy bath time a lot.
  • I love books. They’re fun to look at and extremely tasty.
  • I grab everything now. Nothing is safe. If it’s within my reach and I can lift it, I will find a way to bring it to my mouth and/or slobber all over it.
  • Speaking of slobber, I drool a lot now too. It’s common to find me with a big wet spot on the front of my shirt every day.
  • I'm constantly trying to sit up.  I can't do it on my own yet, but hopefully soon!

 

Here are some pictures of me as a big, grown-up 4 month old...

 
The Maggie smirk.

 
 
Trying to sit.
 
 
Taking a break during "sitting" practice.
 
 
Mama trying to teach me the "tripod" for when I sit.
 
 
Enjoying a nice, relaxing bath.
 
 
Hi Mommy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Holding my bottle like a big girl.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment