Friday, November 9, 2012

Pumpkin Carving!

It's that time of year again  (at least, it was a couple of weeks ago, but we're behind on blogging)... it's pumpkin decorating and carving season!  I had several opportunities to decorate and carve pumpkins this year!  The first was at Grandma Krumm's a few weekends ago where us kids painted pumpkins.  After that, mommies had bought a few small pumpkins in addition to our big ones, so we painted those too.  I had such a good time doing that.  Mommies just love to see me in my creative/crafty mode.  I get so focused!  The final step was the weekend before Halloween when Mommy Susie and I cleaned out a couple of bigger pumpkins, then Mommy Tina carved them for me.  Each year, we try to do one "traditional" pumpkin and one "Maggie's choice" pumpkin.  This year, I asked for Dora, so that's what Mommy Tina did for me!  They both turned out great!  I can't wait to do it again next year!

Working on my masterpiece.


Cleaning out my pumpkin.


More cleaning.  Mommy Susie had a bowl set out for the guts, and a separate bowl for the seeds.  After we were done, she cooked the seeds as a snack.  Unfortunately, no one was interested in eating her snack, but it was a fun idea.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment