Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm One!!

Guess what?! I turned one last week! Mommies can’t believe how quickly the time has flown by. Mommy says she still remembers the day I was born like it was yesterday. They also can’t believe how much I’ve changed in just one year. From a little baby who basically just ate, slept and made dirty diapers to a sweet and spunky little toddler with lots to do and lots to say.


This year’s birthday was particularly memorable thanks to the gift mother nature decided to give us – a blizzard! We got nearly 2 feet of snow on Saturday and it was blowing all over the place making huge snow drifts. In fact, we barely made it to my birthday party, missed my birthday and holiday photo shoot and got stuck at the end of our driveway on the way home from my party. (Mommies had to carry all of my toys up the driveway from the truck to the house in the deep snow, strong winds and cold temps and then had to carry me too!)

Despite all of the weather problems, my birthday was great! It started out with mommies letting me open one present on Saturday morning. (a John Deere farm set) After that, we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa McNamara’s for a party. Aunt Jessie, Uncle Dan, Ella and Lauren were able to make it too. We ate lots of good food and I received lots of presents! (Mommy used the word “spoiled”, but I don’t know what that means!) After presents, we ate cake, which I LOVED. Mama made me the coolest cake – an Elmo cake. It made me smile from ear to ear when I saw it! By the time we got home from the party, Mommies actually just got me ready for bed and didn’t have me open any more presents until Sunday morning since I was a little overwhelmed with what I had already opened. Some of the gifts mommies got me included a bean bag, Elmo (which I LOVE), a book and a few other toys.

Overall, my birthday was a big success and mommies can hardly believe that I have more presents coming to me next week for Christmas! I am one lucky little lady! Thank you everyone for making my birthday so special!

Below are a few of the pictures that mommies took of my birthday and some days leading up to my birthday. By a “few”, I mean a “ton”. The sad thing is, this is only about 1/10th of all of the pictures they actually took. They’re out of control.

Opening up my first b-day gift (from the Wagners) a couple of days before my b-day.




Boots!


Opening my b-day card from Mommy's friend Laura.


My Elmo cake.



Opening up my John Deere set the morning of my big day!  (I look a little skeptical in this one)



Hanging out with Grandma McNamara before the party started.  Check out my "1" shirt!


Enjoying tacos for lunch.  (well, just meat and cheese for me - I'm sure I'll like shells someday!)


Having a conversation with my cousin Ella.


Time for presents!  This one is bigger than me!




Ella being silly!


Puzzle from the Weimerts!


Ella helping me open presents.


Now Lauren's chipping in too!  (I was taking a REALLY long time)


Checking out my loot.


Seeing my Elmo cake for the first time!


So excited for cake!




Happy Birthday to me!


Lauren helping by blowing out the candle.


Mmmmm!



Lounging with Mama's hat in my new Maggie bean bag.


Check out the snow on our deck!  It was up to Mommy's waist!


Playing with my barn from Grandma and Grandpa.




Opening Elmo in my bean bag.



I think this is where Mama took Elmo away to take him out of the package.  I was NOT happy.


Opening more b-day gifts the next morning.





Excited for Mama to open my cell phone!


Playing with my tractor.


No longer playing with my tractor.  :)


On Sunday night, I decided I wanted to wear my hat while I played.  (pardon the greasy face - mommies put lots of lotion on me at night - no, I'm not sweating)


Making faces at Elmo.


Giving Elmo a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment