Sunday, September 30, 2012

Trip to Glenwood Orchard

Now that Mommies are back home and fall is in full swing, we decided to head out to Glenwood Orchard and give Mommy Tina a little break at home.  (by the way, this is Maggie again ... it's my turn to write!)  I've been asking Mommy for a pumpkin for a couple of weeks, so today was a perfect day for me to get my pumpkin fix and for Mommy to get her apple fix.  We also decided to make an apple pie, so we picked up some extra apples for that.  (and for the record, it was DELICIOUS!!)  First we went in to pick out our apples, then we headed outside to get four pumpkins to represent our new family of four.  After all of that, we decided to walk around and explore the rest of the orchard.  We went through the corn maize, pet a donkey, and even played on a little train.  The orchard is still relatively new, but it's growing and they have some pretty cool stuff!  Mommy couldn't help but remember the last time we were there.  I was about 10 months old and was terrified of the pumpkins.  I would scream every time mommies tried to get me near one.  My how times have changed.  :)  It was an unusually nice, warm day out, and I'm so glad I got to spend it with Mommy, Grandma, Papa and Tommy.  Oh, and the pumpkins look great on our front porch.  Can't wait for Mommy to carve them!!

I was so excited to be there I was literally jumping up and down when I got out of the car!


Walking through the corn maize with Grandma and Papa.


Having fun with the cut-out boards at the orchard.


Driving the school bus.


Tommy came too!  He slept through most of it.  :)


Climbing up the mountain of hay.


Crawling through the train.


 Being silly.


Driving the train.


Sitting on the train with Grandma, Papa and Tommy.



No comments:

Post a Comment