Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Apples and Pumpkins ... oh my?!

On Sunday afternoon, mommies took me to an apple orchard near our house to pick up some apples and also to pick a pumpkin for Halloween.  We started out by going into the little store and sampling some different kinds of apples to choose the ones we wanted.  I got to try all of the ones mommies tried ... this was definitely my favorite part.  Next, mommies wheeled my stroller out to the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin.  They thought I would LOVE this part, but boy were they wrong!  As soon as Mama took me out of my stroller and set my feet on the ground near a pumpkin, I started screaming.  It was the most bizarre thing, and it left mommies baffled.  After several attempts, they realized I wasn't going to be happy there, so they quickly chose a pumpkin for me, took a quick picture of me sitting on it (not nice!), and then we left.

On the way out, mommies also bought me a tiny pumpkin with a painted face.  That one has the opposite effect on me - no crying, just laughing!  Mommies brought it out for me when I was having dinner that night and took a great picture of me laughing like crazy at the pumpkin face.

Mommies are keeping their fingers crossed that it was just something about the day and that I'm not really scared of pumpkins or pumpkin patches!  :)

The calm before the storm....


I don't like this!


Get me out of here!



One last pose and I'm out of here!  (by the way, how do you like my pumpkin?!)



Much happier now that we're away from the pumpkin patch.  Hanging out on the hay.  Notice my apple shirt that Mama put on me for the occasion!  :)



Back of my apple shirt.


You can't see it, but mommies are using my little pumpkin to make me laugh.  I'm obviously MUCH happier now that I'm at home.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment