Monday, July 1, 2013

Mommy Tina's Birthday

I haven’t been particularly excited about any of my birthdays since I turned 21.  This year was different though.  Maggie finally understands what birthdays mean: cake, shopping, presents, cards, party etc. She was so excited for my birthday that I couldn’t help but be excited for it too.  She knows blue is my favorite color so months before my birthday she kept saying that she was “going to make me a blue cake”.  When I would I ask her what gifts she was going to get me for my birthday she would say “some Barbie’s or some princess dresses”.   Susie took her shopping and said that she had a really good time and enjoyed picking out stuff—only a few times Susie had to steer her away from everything being pink and remind her that Mommy Tina doesn’t like dresses as much as Maggie.  Much too my delight she only delivered on the “blue cake” promise and surprised we with very special gifts… :)  I love that she knows what I love. 

 We opened presents early Saturday morning and had the Nelson’s over Saturday afternoon/evening to celebrate. 
Opening my pink card from Maggie and Tommy

Maggie was so proud of all of her hardwork

My first gift from Maggie: Kit Kats

My second gift from Maggie: Fudge Rounds

Family Picture

The girls playing


Playing in the Dora sprinkler

Maggie swinging

Bailee's curls

Lance and Tommy

The girls blowing bubbles

Me and Maggie with my blue cake
I can remember as a child giving my dad a can of Mountain Dew and Snickers bar (his two favorite things) for every one of his birthdays until I was about 15 years old.  Opening Maggie’s gifts immediately took me back to that time and made me smile.  Having children to share your birthday with suddenly makes them meaningful again. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment